Building -- New York (State) -- Rochester
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Box 1
Overview The collection includes documents related to the history of use of the building located at 50 West Main Street in Rochester, NY. Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) owned the building between 1962 and the 1990's. The building was called the Metropolitan Center and the City Center by RIT, and was previously known as the Duffy-McInnerney Department Store and the Duffy-Powers building. Documents include correspondence, architectural sketches, clippings, 1995 task force meeting presentation,...
Dates: 1916, 1939, 1959-1964, 1966, 1969, 1970-1977, 1980-1984, 1995; Majority of material found within 1959 - 1962
Collection — Multiple Containers
Overview Materials related to the RIT Center for Integrated Manufacturing Studies (CIMS). Includes proposal and dedication of CIMS building.
Collection — Box 1-2
Overview Miniature and souvenir bricks created for the RIT Henrietta campus dedication. RIT moved from downtown Rochester to Henrietta in 1968. Additional bricks mark dedications for post-1968 buildings, and one from the original Rochester campus.
Collection — Box 1-5
Overview Materials related to the development and construction of the Rochester Institute of Technology's (RIT) campus in Henrietta, NY. RIT relocated its campus from downtown Rochester to the suburbs of Henrietta in 1968. The collection includes documents related to the college's move such as correspondence, meeting minutes, preliminary reports, and clippings.
Collection — Box 1-4, Album: 1
Overview Materials related to the planning and construction of the Rochester Institute of Technology's (RIT) campus in Henrietta, NY. RIT relocated its campus from the city of Rochester to the suburbs of Henrietta in 1968. The collection includes diagrams, correspondence, meeting minutes, financial records, and clippings.