James Rasmussen Collection of Printing Gauges
Collection — Box: 1
This collection contains twenty eight paper and plastic gauge tools used in printing, and two books relating to offset lithography.
- 1911 - 1999
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Biographical information on James Rasmussen
James Rasmussen attended RIT in the 1960's, studying in the Graphic Arts and Photography program. He worked for many years at Hallmark, Inc. as a graphic arts engineer.
.3 Linear Feet (1 document box)
Cary stacks, row 15
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was donated to the Cary Graphic Arts Collection by James Rasmussen in January of 2019.
Also included in the collection are two books, both of which have been catalogued.
- Senefelder, Alois, Muller, J.W., translator, The Invention of Lithography, New York: The Fuchs & Lang Manufacturing Company, 1911. Printed by the Riverside Press.
- Monsen Type Manual: A Book Lithographed on the Offset Press on Offset Paper, Chicago: Thormod Monsen & Son, 1922.
Finding aid created by Ella von Holtum in March 2019.
- James Rasmussen Collection of Type Gauges
- Ella von Holtum
- 12 January 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note