RIT new student orientation matricula
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents
RIT new student orientation matricula includes two bound volumes of new student's signatures recorded during their new student orientation. The registers are labeled "Matricula 2014" and "Matricula 2016. " The 2014 volume has a note on the inside cover which says "*This book is actually the class of 2015."
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Division of Student Affairs . Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Dr Jeremy Haefner, RIT Provost, initiated the idea to have incoming freshmen sign a ledger or "Matricula." Matricula is a Latin word meaning a register. It appears these were created during freshman orientation. New students are broken up into orientation groups, and ach of the groups had a page for all members to sign. The year on the ledger is the year the students will graduate.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 doc box)
RIT new student orientation matricula includes 3 bound volumes labeled "Matricula 2014" and "Matricula 2016" and "Matricula 2017". The 2014 volume has a note on the inside cover which says "*This book is actually the class of 2015."
This collection is arranged chronologically.
C.S. South, Shelf 230
Immediate Source of Acquisition
RIT new student orientation matricula were donated to the RIT Archives by Sue Provenzano, Asst Provost Academic Affairs in September 2012. Accession number(s): 2012:064
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in December 2012.
- Provenzano, Sue (Person)
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Division of Student Affairs. New Student Orientation (Depositor, Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost (Organization)
- RIT new student orientation matricula
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 10 December 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note