Andrew Miller Metaproject collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The Andrew Miller Metaproject collection includes one prototype. The final product is a desktop white noise generator that masks ambient sounds, creating a mental barrier to the outside world, while still allowing some visual perception for inspiration.
- Miller, Andrew (Designer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The Metaproject competition was developed by the educator Josh Owen in partnership with an industry sponsor to encourage students to produce design that "is semantically correct, and pragmatically understandable, but also visually powerful, intellectually elegant and timeless." In the case of Metaproject 02, in collaboration with Corning Museum of Glass (CMoG), the students were given the task of creating a product that takes advantage of glass as a primary material.
2 Linear Feet (Oversized box)
The Andrew Miller Metaproject Collection consists of all the process work for the development of The Desktop White Noise Generator by Andrew Miller, and a book which describes Metaproject 02 and all the student designs.
The prototype is in an oversized box. Design book is stored seperately.
C.S. North, Shelf 399
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donated to the RIT Archives by student Andrew Miller in September 2012. Accession number: 12:057
- Metaproject 02 / Rochester Institute of Technology School of Design. Rochester, NY: Rochester Institute of Technology, 2011.
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in September 2012.
- Academic-industrial collaboration
- Glassware -- Design -- Competitions -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Industrial design -- Competitions -- New York (State)
- Industrial design -- Competitions -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- New products -- Design and construction
- Owen, Josh (1970-)
- Product design -- Study and teaching -- New York (State)
- Recycled products
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School for American Crafts
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School of Design
- White noise generators
- Andrew Miller Metaproject collection
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 20 September 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note