RIT Access to the Future Capital Campaign records and media
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
RIT Access to the Future capital campaign records include news clippings that outline RIT's plan to develop a research park on campus, a commitment to making the school the national leader in the field of imaging science as well as other plans for the $85 million campus expansion. Most of the correspondence are from the campaign chairperson to RIT faculty and staff encouraging participation. Included in the promotional items are brochures and campaign packets. Also included are invitations to the campaign victory celebration in 1990. Box 1 of the collection contains a wine glass distributed at a campaign event, and three videotapes from 1985 and 1988.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The RIT Access to the Future was an $85 million capital campaign announced in 1986 by President M. Richard Rose and the Board of Trustees. Burton S. August, a member of the Board was the campaign chairman.
0.417 Linear Feet (2-Half-Document boxes)
The RIT Access to the Future capital campaign records consists of paper records that document the establishment and progress of the campaign. Records include news clippings, correspondence, videotapes and promotional materials from 1985-1990.
The RIT Access to the Future captial campaign records are arranged by series. Realia and videotapes are in one box.
C.S. North, Shelf 323
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in December 2011.
- August, Burton S.
- Charitable giving
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Educational fund raising -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Promotional materials
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Academic Affairs. Wallace Memorial Library
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Access to the Future Campaign
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Student Life Center
- Rose, M. Richard (Merle Richard)
- RIT Access to the Future capital campaign records
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 8 December 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note