- Existence: 1904 - 1993
CitationExcerpt from RIT Presidential History
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Multiple Containers
Overview A collection of materials pertaining to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) from 1965 to the current time. Materials include newsclippings, promotional materials, campus publications, photographs, and other ephemera generated by and for NTID.
Dates: 1965-2016; Majority of material found within 1965 - 2016
Collection — Box: 1, Folder: 1
Overview Materials related to the construction of the College Alumni Union, as well as its use and activities. The facility was built as part of the Rochester Institute of Technology's new campus in 1968 and is now known as the Student Alumni Union. The collection includes publications such as brochures, correspondence, planning documents, printed policies, concert fliers, and clippings. There is also a dedication ceremony guest book and a scrapbook in the collection.
Collection — Box: 1-5
Overview Materials related to the development and construction of the Rochester Institute of Technology's (RIT) campus in Henrietta, NY. RIT relocated its campus from downtown Rochester to the suburbs of Henrietta in 1968. The collection includes documents related to the college's move such as correspondence, meeting minutes, preliminary reports, and clippings.
Collection — Box: 1-2
Overview Various documents, clippings, and other types of papers related to cooperative education at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Also included in the collection are newsletters, students’ reports and two major studies conducted in 1943 and 1960.
Dates: 1912, 1935-1936, 1940-1945, 1948-1950, 1954, 1957-1960, 1965-1967, 1970, 1972, 1974, 1980, 1985-1991, 1992, 1994, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2006; Majority of material found within 1935 - 1950
Collection — Box: 1-6
Overview Papers from W. W. Charter's consulting project at the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute (renamed the Rochester Institute of Technology in 1944). Charters was invited by the Institute in 1928 to help the college reshape itself for the future, with particular emphasis on educational objectives and curriculum development. The collection contains correspondence, meeting minutes, research materials, reports, and clippings.