Rochester Institute of Technology -- Buildings
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Box: 1
Overview The collection includes documents related to the history of use of the building located at 50 West Main Street in Rochester, NY. Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) owned the building between 1962 and the 1990's. The building was called the Metropolitan Center and the City Center by RIT, and was previously known as the Duffy-McInnerney Department Store and the Duffy-Powers building. Documents include correspondence, architectural sketches, clippings, 1995 task force meeting presentation,...
Dates: 1916, 1939, 1959-1964, 1966, 1969, 1970-1977, 1980-1984, 1995; Majority of material found within 1959 - 1962
Collection — Folder: 1-6
Overview Progress reports, conversions costs, clippings, regulations, and brochures relating to men's dormitory Nathaniel Rochester Hall on the downtown RIT campus. The residence hall was converted from the former Manger Rochester Hotel.
Dates: 1907, 1951-1969; Majority of material found within 1956 - 1962
Collection — Box: 1, Folder: 1
Overview Materials related to the construction of the College Alumni Union, as well as its use and activities. The facility was built as part of the Rochester Institute of Technology's new campus in 1968 and is now known as the Student Alumni Union. The collection includes publications such as brochures, correspondence, planning documents, printed policies, concert fliers, and clippings. There is also a dedication ceremony guest book and a scrapbook in the collection.
Overview Collection contains historical information on the downtown campus of the Rochester Institute of Technology. The campus was located within the heart of downtown Rochester from the time of the establishment of Mechanics Institute in 1885 until the move to the Henrietta campus in 1968. This collection includes clippings and various records, such as renovation plans, maps, and correspondence.
Collection — Box-Folder: 1-2
Overview The collection contains information about the names of buildings and streets on RIT’s Henrietta Campus. There is also information from original sources with background on the individuals.
Dates: circa 1964-1999
Collection — Multiple Containers
Overview Materials related to the planning and dedication of Rochester Institute of Technology’s new campus in Henrietta, N.Y. The dedication of the new campus occurred October 18-20, 1968. The collection includes advertising and press releases for the dedication, planning of the weekend events, convocation, convocation luncheon, trustee’s dinner and time capsule. Samples of invitations, event programs, folders, brochures, audiotapes and newspaper supplements are also included. In addition, the...