Skip to main content

Rochester Institute of Technology -- Buildings

 Organization

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

50 West Main Street building records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: RITArc-0387
Overview The collection includes documents related to the history of use of the building located at 50 West Main Street in Rochester, NY. Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) owned the building between 1962 and the 1990's. The building was called the Metropolitan Center and the City Center by RIT, and was previously known as the Duffy-McInnerney Department Store and the Duffy-Powers building. Documents include correspondence, architectural sketches, clippings, 1995 task force meeting presentation,...
Dates: 1916, 1939, 1959-1964, 1966, 1969, 1970-1977, 1980-1984, 1995; Majority of material found within 1959 - 1962

RIT Henrietta Campus Dedication bricks

 Collection — Box: 1-2
Identifier: RITArc-0321
Overview Miniature and souvenir bricks created for the RIT Henrietta campus dedication. RIT moved from downtown Rochester to Henrietta in 1968. Additional bricks mark dedications for post-1968 buildings, and one from the original Rochester campus.
Dates: 1968-2004